Monday 25th 9.30 pm - All I am sorry to announce this late but due to the water temperature and the impending poor weather due we have had to make the very hard decision to postpone opening the lake this week. I know this will be a major disappointment to a lot of you, me included, but the main priority for us is to provide the safest environment for us
all to swim in. I will be monitoring the situation over the coming days and we intend to open as soon as possible, we aim to open on the 3rd May, but will update before the weekend. Thank you to all those that volunteered to help this week and for your
patience and understanding. Please pass this on if you know o anyone that was intending to come along. Thank you.
Phoenix Sprint Triathlon - 22nd May 2016 at Ragley Hall
Entries open www.entrycentral.com/phoenix
Official confirmation that you can dust off those wetsuits and jump into the soothing waters of Ragley Hall Lake!
Starting: Tuesday 26th April and Sunday 1tst May.
Tuesdays 6-8pm and Sundays 7.30-9.30am.
DATES CLOSED: 22nd May, 5th June, between 15th July-12th August and 28th August.
Cost per swim is still £6 per swim and £4 for Evesham Vale Triathlon Club Members. You must ensure we have your form on your first visit and that you sign in and out after that at subsequent. Swimmers from 8-16yrs must sign an additional consent for by parent or guardian and read the advice given.
If you are planning on swimming at the Lake on a regular basis it might make sense to become a member and take advantage of the £2 per swim discount, just a thought.
- Ragley Hall Open Water Swimming Guide 2016
- RAGLEY HALL Open Water Swimming Registration Form 2016
- Adult Membership Form
EVERYONE will need to have filled in a registration form before swimming so we can ensure that we have the latest details in the unlikely case of an emergency.. Copies will available at the lodge and on here soon. Entry through the FRONT gates and out via BACK gates - strict 20mph speed limit - much safer and no key code needed
NO dogs allowed on the estate
NO running around the field/road - a few people went 'off piste' last year causing major problems for the Club
NO ball games, picnics etc outside the Lake house fenced area
I am sure this won't be an issue for 99% of the regulars - this venue is a family home after hours and we have to respect their wishes. Children (and adults!) are not allowed into the adventure playground.
We must. be off-site by 8.20pm latest on Tuesdays and 9.50am on Sundays – if you wanted to visit Ragley on Sundays then you must exit and return via the front gates and pay at the kiosk.
Tuesdays 2 lifeguards and long loop 750m approx.
Sundays 1 lifeguard and short loop 400m
Please listen and obey any instructions you are given – it’s for your own safety.
Wetsuits – as we are insured by the British Triathlon Federation we have to abide by their rules regarding the wearing of wetsuits. That means NO swimming in temperatures lower than 11 degrees, wetsuits MUST be worn if the water is less than 14 degrees, over 14 degrees then its up to you. We must stick to these rules otherwise we would risk losing our cover – no cover = no swim sessions. We have just invested in a new thermometer and will write up the temperature on a whiteboard each session.
Changing rooms and toilets are in the Lodge.
Don’t forget – EVT are hosting their Phoenix Sprint Triathlon on Sunday 22nd May. http://www.entrycentral.com/Phoenix
Why not take part? You will have the advantage of being familiar with at least the swim section so this could give you a head start on your rivals…. There will be plenty of flyers available at the Boathouse and further details are on the Club website. The normal swim sessions will not take place on that day. Maybe you would like to marshal and help, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for the latest updates ‘Open Water Swimming at Ragley Hall’.
I think that’s it for now – so, if you are training for a triathlon, distance swim or just want to come along and swim in the beautiful lake at Ragley Hall we all look forward to seeing you again from Tuesday 26th April.
On behalf of Evesham Vale Triathletes
Evesham Vale Triathletes are very pleased to invite you again to this wonderful opportunity to use Ragley Hall's Lake for open water swimming.
Please follow road onto the estate, 20 mph MAX speed limit. Past the house on your right, turn left and park down behind the Lakeside Lodge on the left side, not on the grass by the lake. In the lakeside lodge you must register with the forms and sign disclaimer.
For Novices you are able to exit the lake anywhere on the right hand bank if you wish.
THE PLAY AREA IS OUT OF BOUNDS and no roaming the estate please. There is a zero tolerance for this; we could loose the activity if rules are not stuck to. A Ragley manager will be onsite to enforce this.
Ragley hall is a fantastic venue to bring the whole family so if on a Sunday you would like to stay, please leave via the exit gate and re enter the park via the main gate. Please visit the Ragley website for more details and for yearly membership. http://www.ragley.co.uk/country-estate-warwickshire/annual-membership/
Before taking part in an open water training session swimmers must:
- Lock valuables in your car, do not bring them into the boat house as there are no lockers available.
- Provide registration form their contact details, emergency contact details (ICE) and details of any medical conditions.
- Sign in and sign agreeing to the terms of the swims
- Make themselves aware of the open water swimming guide that they are provided with below.
- Provide the session leader with information about any medical issues and their experience of open water swimming.
- Swim within their own ability and when swimming in pairs/ groups they must NOT leave their partner(s) side.
· Wetsuits must be worn at all times unless the water temperature is over 14 degrees. Please read the notice board for the water temperature and wetsuits wear guide or ask.
· Brightly uniformly coloured swim caps must be worn.
· Neoprene hats or extra swim caps may be recommended based on the water temperature.
· Fins are permitted and may help novice swimmers to gain confidence.
· Register with the Session Leader, completing the registration forming advance and especially making them aware of any medical conditions you may have or are at risk of. If you have cuts cover with a waterproof plaster.
· Pay attention to any instructions given and the notices. The signal to end the session or to exit due emergency is an air horn. Signal for help with a hand held out of the water. Please ask EVT safety officer if you have any questions.
· Don't enter the water until instructed to do so. Swim with others in pairs or small groups.
· Novices/first time open water swimmers should make the session leader aware and await further instructions and advice.
· Only enter or exit the water at the designated points between the slip ways via grass and gravel not on the slip ways.
During the Swim
· Remain within the boundaries and swim anticlockwise.
· Swim within your own abilities.
· Do not interfere with other swimmers (horseplay will not be tolerated).
· An air horn signals the end of session and return immediately to the appointed exit point.
· If you spot another swimming in trouble or requiring assistance raise the alarm, raise your arm and shout! (do not attempt a rescue) .
· Upon exiting immediately unregister with the safety officer.
· Shower and change at the earliest opportunity.
· Report any sudden illness post swim to a club official as soon as possible.